Now We’re Cooking With Gas!

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 06:55 AM

Well, Blog Friends!  I have some great news!  We have moved!!!  Yes, after 10 years in my 1983 kitchen – with my original electric stove – three burners worked, one did not – we have moved and I have an awesome new kitchen!!

I have been dying to tell you all, but I couldn’t for fear of jinxing this real estate transaction.  Loyal readers of ABBG know that my husband and I were supposed to move this summer and we had quite the real estate drama when the day before we were supposed to close (on June 30th), the buyers of our house decided not to buy our house.  We had already moved out and we had to move back in.  It was not fun.  But, we pulled ourselves up by our bootstraps, got our house back in order, re-listed and finally sold again.  This time, we bought a different house, and I am soooooo happy with my new kitchen.

Here’s my old 1983 kitchen, with original stove, cabinets and countertops:

And here’s my new kitchen:

Can you see why I’m just a wee bit giddy right now?

There’s storage – which is a whole new concept for me.

And stainless!!!  I’m in heaven!!

Not only is my new stove gas (yay!!), but it has five burners – so I just gained two!

So, I bring you on this little house tour today not to gloat or boast.  My husband and I are so aware of the difficult housing market and we know how very lucky we are to have good jobs and to have a wonderful home and neighborhood.  But, I felt that since I do so much blogging in my home – and specifically in my kitchen – I needed to explain why suddenly the pictures you see will look a bit different.  I didn’t want you to think that I had outsourced the recipes or something crazy like that.

So, it’s the same Melissa, blogging about NuVal and nutritious foods and my Cart Confessions and my Trade-Up Tuesdays – just from a prettier setting.

And yes – the smile on my face is permanent!

Me - Right After Closing - Telling the Movers to Come On Over!

Posted by: Melissa 18 comments

Posted in: new kitchen

Tags:

18 Comments on “Now We’re Cooking With Gas!”

1. #1 Rachel Rodek
    on Oct 7th, 2010 at 7:38 am

yay! Nice kitchen!!

2. #2 Heather
    on Oct 7th, 2010 at 7:45 am

Congrats on the move! Beautiful kitchen!

3. #3 c neroni
    on Oct 7th, 2010 at 8:48 am

How wonderful! Congrats and looking forward to more great healthy recipes. :)

4. #4 Kim Piro
    on Oct 7th, 2010 at 9:14 am

Your pictures were gorgeous before….now they are really going to pop!! Congrats…..the kitchen is beautiful.

5. #5 Michelle @ Turning Over a New Leaf
    on Oct 7th, 2010 at 9:24 am

Yay! Congrats!!! We just moved into a rental house with only gas hookups for the stove. We were thrilled! Of course, that meant forking up $600 for a brand new stove, but it was worth it! I can’t stop cooking from it!

6. #6 Claire C
    on Oct 7th, 2010 at 9:40 am

That’s fabulous!!Congrats:-)cc

7. #7 Jenifer
    on Oct 7th, 2010 at 9:50 am

Fablulous!!

8. #8 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous
    on Oct 7th, 2010 at 10:39 am

YAY! Congrats Melissa :) I’m so glad everything worked out this time!

9. #9 Catherine
    on Oct 7th, 2010 at 11:11 am

CONGRATULATIONS Melissa! What an absolutely magnificent kitchen and I know you are going to put it to great use! I am so excited for you guys!

10. #10 Jennifer
    on Oct 7th, 2010 at 11:34 am

Beautiful!

11. #11 Laura
    on Oct 7th, 2010 at 1:53 pm

I LOVE your new kitchen! Congratulations!

12. #12 Cindy
    on Oct 7th, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Love it! Congrats on the new kitchen and new home! Enjoy!!

13. #13 Jodie
    on Oct 7th, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I absolutely love your kitchen. Congrats.

14. #14 Annette Maggi
    on Oct 7th, 2010 at 2:52 pm

You’ll love stainless steel appliances until you have to clean them all the time. It’s almost impossible with kids to keep stainless clean!

15. #15 Doreen
    on Oct 7th, 2010 at 3:12 pm

It’s beautiful! Congrats…I’m so happy for you guys. You look so happy in the picture!

16. #16 Lisa C
    on Oct 7th, 2010 at 8:27 pm

OMG! I am in love with your kitchen! I cant wait to see all the new wonderful recipes that you will be created right from there. Congratulaions!!!!

17. #17 Joy
    on Oct 8th, 2010 at 1:52 am

Congrats!!!!!!

18. #18 Cindy
    on Oct 8th, 2010 at 7:08 am

Fabulous new kitchen….congratulations and happy cooking.